Author Topic: Penn Senator 9/0 115 1940's /50's Restoration  (Read 207 times)

Offline Wompus Cat

• NFLCC MEMBER
  • Administrator
    • Site Owner
Penn Senator 9/0 115 1940's /50's Restoration
« on: August 02, 2023, 08:20:17 AM »
Here is an Older 9/0  (not positive but with some of the Characteristics it has I believe to be from 1940's or Early 50's.

I got this lil Jewell  off E-Bay with some interesting differences in the from the Newer versions I noted.
 It came with a MONSTER Adjustable Handle I have Never seen Before .
Which more than likely led to the problem of the Sleeve being worn Smooth where the handle normally would lock on to it .

Some B 4 photos

Plates ,Rings, Spool Pretty fugged Up!!

Ordered NEW SLEEVE but had some BIG PROBLEMS as the New one was larger inside than the old one and different on the bottom .
The New sleeve is the same part number as the 114H and has a 114 part number but no way it would work ..... It does fit he 114 Bridge Plate though.

The old Sleeve next to the New one you can see the Difference

Old Sleeve id
Even the Handle Nut is Smaller!

New Sleeve id 1mm larger!

The retaining pin is even different on these
Old Pin

New Pin

Old vs new

on left is a 114 Bridge plate with the NEW 9/0 sleeve and fits ok
on Right is the old (9/0 and Bridge plate ) Bridge plate is Numbered 115  but new sleeve has 114 number ????

I bought NEW Chrome Rings but had to some Careful Reaming on 2 of the holes on each one to line up with old plates.

Spool Cleaned up pretty well considering the crud that was on it  but here is a sideview of progress so far.

No part numbers on Foot,Spool and a few other parts which leads me to believe it is from the 40's.

I made a Mandrel out of a piece of Tool Stock  to reshape the old Sleeve to work (WITHOUT DAMAGING THE THREADS  where it was rounded off. So was able to make it work since the New Sleeve was way too big .

Talking to Mystic on this fitment problem as it ain't good .
More later on this .

Finished .

Spool looks a hundred times Better after hours of hand polishing  (NO VINEGAR )
Use Vinegar if you want to Ruin your parts .

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 05:19:44 PM by Wompus Cat »
If Grasshoppers carried shotguns then the Birds Wouldn't Mess With Em!!
HAVE REELS WILL  FISH !!!