Author Topic: Early ( Pre SENATOR) 9/0  (Read 234 times)

Offline Wompus Cat

• NFLCC MEMBER
  • Administrator
    • Site Owner
Early ( Pre SENATOR) 9/0
« on: April 05, 2023, 09:26:10 AM »
Maxed Out sent me a pic off e-bay of a Odd Positioned Penn 9/0 with the Logo nearly UPSIDE DOWN
which started me to thinking so.......
Here are some pictures of the Penn 115 9/0 with the right side plate Logos in Different positions .
For what Reason ? Who knows .
May be a year of production thing ,factory fubar ,someone playing with the molds ?????
But notice some of the Logo's are on the Right of the free Spool Lever in different angles and some are on the Left of the Lever also at different angles and Print Size and shape also Varies on some .
One that Recently Sold on E-Bay   appears to be UPSIDE DOWN

Here is one  with Ball Bearings with the  Logo almost Straight Up and on Left of Free Spool Lever (which from what I have seen is the Most Common listed on E-Bay.)

Here is another Early non Ball Bearing with the Logo SIDEWAYS on the Right of the Free Spool Lever.

Here is an EARLY non Bearing with SMALL PRINTED LOGO on the Right of Free Spool Lever Straight Up or close to it . And NOTICE How it Does  Not Have the External  Removable Drags or Does Not look like it does (See 2nd Pic View )

Maxed Out says this one was the First of the Senator /Series as it just Has Senator on it !!! no 9/0

Odd Looking area where Big Washer Normally would be covering the External Removable Drags.

Here is the Listing  on E-Bay damn near UPSIDE DOWN Early Model No Ball Bearings and external Removable Drags with logo on Right Side of Free Spool Lever . Sold yesterday Apr. 4 2023 for 154 Bux. plus shipping

Here is a orientated View of the Reel.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 09:03:39 AM by Wompus Cat »
If Grasshoppers carried shotguns then the Birds Wouldn't Mess With Em!!
HAVE REELS WILL  FISH !!!

Offline MAXED OUT

Re: Early ( Pre SENATOR) 9/0
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 07:26:55 PM »
 Logo was below the lever up to early 60's on the larger senators. The 2nd pic isn't crooked logo, it's just the reel sitting sideways. The 9/0 you have that just says "senator" was only on the 9/0 from '36- to '40. All other early senators had model # in the logo

Offline Wompus Cat

• NFLCC MEMBER
  • Administrator
    • Site Owner
Re: Early ( Pre SENATOR) 9/0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 09:00:21 PM »
 Ted Here is the 2nd pic. in Proper perspective you mentioned . I got all miscombubalated with the lugs facing
up. The logo is straight up like you said  .
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 09:20:13 PM by Wompus Cat »
If Grasshoppers carried shotguns then the Birds Wouldn't Mess With Em!!
HAVE REELS WILL  FISH !!!