Author Topic: Damaged 14/0 off e-bay  (Read 551 times)

Offline Wompus Cat

• NFLCC MEMBER
  • Administrator
    • Site Owner
Damaged 14/0 off e-bay
« on: June 03, 2024, 03:37:49 PM »
Got this off E-Bay the other Day and bought as is and  a Parts Reel in the Description  However the As Is I bought was not the AS Is I Received as the one I bought did NOT have a Broken Side Plate   I am working with the seller and he has been communicating with me and apparently the photos I send using e-bays add picture feature is Nicht Gute sooooo here are some photos to see  .

Reel I Purchased shows no damage to Handle Side Plate around the Bearing area as well as #s 1.2.8.9.and 10 in his Listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276473853857

Reel without damage on the listing

Here is The Reel as I Received it

Clearly Not the As IS  as IT Was.....lol

Hope to work things out  but the reason I bought this Parts Reel was for those Parts that were AS IS that are now NOT AS WAS ....lol

Seller Requested photos of box and packing so Here we go.

Unfortunately  he /they did not put enough heavy insulation in bottom  and sides for the amount this Reel  Weighs and it literately impacted itself during transport . Happens all the time

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 04:59:00 AM by Wompus Cat »
If Grasshoppers carried shotguns then the Birds Wouldn't Mess With Em!!
HAVE REELS WILL  FISH !!!

Offline John Holmes

• Reel Enthusiast
Re: Damaged 14/0 off e-bay from gamangaman
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 11:36:03 AM »
Reels of that Size need 3 inch Foam Rubber on all sides MINIMUM when shipping across the street must less interstate .
I Recently acquired a 16/0 shipped from France and the Shipper did a Great job with Heavy Foam and a large Box. .
Looks like the shipper for the 14/0 used a bit of cardboard and some tiny bubble Wrap .
That simply  won't do for those heavy Reeels.
Top , Bottom and sides Have to have proper THICK FOAM to insure it will arrive damage Free

Don't know what you paid for it but I would say he owes you at least 150 dollars for the Damage Refund .

Offline Wompus Cat

• NFLCC MEMBER
  • Administrator
    • Site Owner
Re: Damaged 14/0 off e-bay
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2024, 04:12:53 PM »
Well after back and forth picture  and messaging the seller partially refunded me on my request  so everything is Peachy here .
They will receive positive Feed Back from me .
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 06:01:22 AM by Wompus Cat »

Offline Wompus Cat

• NFLCC MEMBER
  • Administrator
    • Site Owner
Re: Damaged 14/0 off e-bay
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 05:56:53 AM »
MEANWHILE

I repaired the Damage .

Other than the Busted Side Plate ,Missing Screw ,Frozen Pinion Gear,(which made it most difficult but not impossible to dis-assemble),a few cracked Rings, Buggered up Sleeve where the Reel was used for Dribbling Practice during U.S.P.S. safe handling trip to me  ,   Missing Handle , and Rusty Main Gear this Reel looks like it had a lot of Bottom Time if you catch my Drift and Sponge Bob will miss it off his Mantle the Reel was hardly used as the Drags and washers show very little if ANY wear.
 Click on image to enlarge  Click again  on that image  to Super Size . Click on Paper Clip to download image  A little more sanding and some polishing it will be good as new .
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 05:00:57 AM by Wompus Cat »