Reels of the Past and Some Still Here > PENN REELS

Suggestions on Penn Reels to 'refurbish' and what should I pay for them?

<< < (5/5)

Wompus Cat:
The Gear (Pinion ) is fine . That is a Recess to fit over the Mandrel underneath.
The Sleeve ......ain't seen one quite like that ..need to do some checking .

Wompus Cat:
There are at least 4 versions of the Brigantine (AKA OCEAN CITY 111)
I have all of them and schematics BUT Schematics are in the Factory Manual I have and will have to Scan them for here . here is a jist .

Here is a link to our  Gallery Here that shows on of my BRIGANTINES Disassembled that Might Help .
https://oldreelcollectors.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=28

Wompus Cat:

This looks like maybe CORK ? or is it Metal ?
Some sort of Shim someone stuck in there ?.

gt2003:
Good info on the pinion gear.  That's a relief.

The sleeve/collar is a bit strange.  I am in agreement that it's an 'aftermarket' addition.  It's made of some type of pot metal that's partially oxidized so I'm not sure at all where that came from.  I'm guessing that can just be done away with??

I've got all internals soaking in gasoline (outside) for the time being.  Hopefully I'll have time this evening to get them out, scrub them down with a toothbrush and get ready for reassembly.  Then I'll work on reconditioning the sideplates.  I've got to get some fine steelwool so I can work further on removing the oxidation and junk from the other parts.  The shaft mechanism is turning much more freely now with the initial soaking in gasoline.  I need to get the main gear off the shaft so I can get that whole thing scrubbed down as well. 

Making progress!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version