Author Topic: OCEAN CITIES OFF E-BAY  (Read 262 times)

Offline Wompus Cat

• NFLCC MEMBER
  • Administrator
    • Site Owner
OCEAN CITIES OFF E-BAY
« on: April 16, 2022, 07:36:37 PM »
Just got 4 well 3 Ocean Cities and one Copy Cat off E-Bay .

Seller described them Very Well and stated the 923 was hard to turn .
Turns out this one was a Factory Screw Up as when I tore into it I discovered they had not cut the inner Ring properly and there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD this Reel could have EVER worked right .Moreover after looking at it closer I do not think it was ever used ! Had Factory Grease still in it .
Also it has the STARLESS DRAG Mechanism on it .......++++ Plus it is one of the FIRST 923's in that it has the Brass Guts, Spring Loaded Oiler Ports,(Very Few Of These Around ) has the  Tension Adjustment  on the Level Wind with the extra Washer in the Retaining Screw , and a Metal Tag.
Evidently this slipped past the Inspector # 1 a lot of them have on the Foot .....lol
I was able to file the opening to the proper clearance and put it back together and it Works FLAWLESSLY .

Here they Are  off E-Bay

The copy Cat has a Red Handle and many characteristics of the 922 BUT is NARROWER.
Possible a modded OC 922 in the makings when I compare Guts.
 More pix later on the prob with the Factory Screw up .

I was able to File the Arch on the inner Chrome Ring between the RED Arrows to make this work perfectly .

Then after cleaning it up a Bit it looks BRAND NEW !

Still need a little Cleaning around the Badge and lever  but she looky pretty Good 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 08:26:49 PM by Wompus Cat »
If Grasshoppers carried shotguns then the Birds Wouldn't Mess With Em!!
HAVE REELS WILL  FISH !!!