Author Topic: Dad's Ol' OceanCity/True Temper 922C  (Read 366 times)

Offline Wompus Cat

• NFLCC MEMBER
  • Administrator
    • Site Owner
Dad's Ol' OceanCity/True Temper 922C
« on: January 07, 2022, 11:14:08 AM »
A member over on Little Al's site posted in a thread for OCEAN CITY PARTS about his Dad's 922 he inherited and his Dad had a list of parts he posted .
Long story I told him just to send it to me and I would make it Right Again so he could use it and pass it on to his heirs as time goes on .

Here is the List his Dad had Made

Here is some of the pix during the saga .

It is one of the last 922's made and was missing the 12 or 13 parts for the Level Wind and except for some dirt and old grease was in  Remarkably good condition .

Here is the way I received it
 Level Wind Missing all together

All Metal Drags !

Here is what was missing

Cleaned and ready to re assemble

** Note ** All the internals are Stainless Steel except for the level wind Bearing I installed  and some of the  Shims in the Drag stack are Brass thus Dating it as one of the last of the Reels Made . All the Earlier Reels were Brass Guts.
This cut down on cost to make but also in my opinion cut down the Quality and overall feel of this design.
It also has a Fluted Spool many thought to help drain water but it was to strengthen the Spool for Monofilament Line!

Together again for 50 more years of service.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 06:46:02 AM by Wompus Cat »
If Grasshoppers carried shotguns then the Birds Wouldn't Mess With Em!!
HAVE REELS WILL  FISH !!!

Offline dusdau

• FISHING REEL LOVER
Re: Dad's Ol' OceanCity/True Temper 922C
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 06:11:59 AM »
Arrived yesterday looking and functioning perfectly! I appreciate your generosity and glad it will be in the family another 50 years instead of the trash dump. Thanks again!